A friend did this on her blog and I thought I'd follow along. And because I know you all care sooo much about my answers...
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Depends on gift, but usually wrapping paper
2. Real tree or Artificial? Real. We got a real tree for the first time this year and I'm never going back to fake. Unless Brayden develops allergies to real trees. Let's keep our finger crossed.
3. When do you put up the tree? Right after Thanksgiving
4. When do you take the tree down? When it's too big of a fire hazard
5. Do you like eggnog? Absolutely NOT! but my husband does. It's one of his very few faults.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? My Little Pony Castle. It was even more awesome after we spray painted it camouflage, built catapults and stuck barbie heads on the spikes around the top. It was awesome, but I don't think it was quite what my mom was going for.
7. Hardest person to buy for? My husband and my mom. Why is it always the people we know the best that are so hard to buy for. Maybe it's because we care the most.
8. Easiest person to buy for? My kids. They love everything. The hard part is not buying them too much.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, given to me by my Grandma Sharlene. Thanks grandma!
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? If you're talking about intention, I would mail my Christmas cards. If you're talking about reality, usually neither happens, which is what will happen this year. (Don't judge! We're moving the week after Christmas)
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Umm. not sure. most have been good. Wedding presents were a different story....
12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Usually around the beginning of October.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? More than once.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Meat. Steak, prime rib, pork ribs, carne asada, king crab legs. You name it, I'm there ( as long as it's rare). Blame it on my dad. It's all his fault.
16. Lights on the tree? Of course
17. Favorite Christmas song? So many songs, so little time. What child is this? is a great one.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? We have always traveled, but are staying home this year. I have a sneaky suspicion I'm going to love it.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Let me check....yep
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? We open ornaments from grandparents as soon as they're wrapped (so we can look at them). Other than that, Christmas morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Don't have one. I prefer random ornaments that have history and sentimental value. My grandma got me one every year since I was born and I love them!
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? See above love note to meat, and add some twice-baked potatoes, homemade bread, green beans with bacon and grilled asparagus. Yum. I usually have no room left for dessert. Maybe that's why I don't care too much for desserts. I never have room left to eat them!