I forgot to include my birthday and skipped right over it! Normally it wouldn't matter but this year my mom and Greg threw me a surprise party. It was really sweet and so much fun! Such a great way to turn 30.
Saturday, July 21, 2012
E Rex- It's the perfect nickname for Ethan. Why?
- he's destructive. If we go more than two hours without him breaking something it's only because I haven't found what he's broken yet
- He's loud. I mean really loud. He even makes noises that sound like a dinosaur
- It's a great play off his full name: Ethan Rex
- He's constantly hurting someone (at least he doesn't bite)
He's also adorable and I love every little thing about him.
- He holds his sippy cup up to his eye and walks around saying "shoot couch. shoot mommy. shoot door". whatever he points his sippy at he "shoots"
- He swims by himself with help from his swim jacket. He takes a big breath, put his face under the water, flattens out, kicks super hard for about three seconds then pops up gasping for air. All that effort moves him about 12 inches. But he loves it.
- He sings like nobody's business. ABC's, Twinkle twinkle, itsy bitsy spider, wheels on the bus, all the kid classics. He also know some current songs like rock party anthem and every single song in either Cars movie. And if he doesn't know the words he hums along. so cute.
- He can count to ten and is always super excited when he gets to ten. You can tell because he screams it as loud as he possibly can.
- He loves his "puppy" and takes it with him everywhere. It's the Leapfrog puppy named Scout that Grandma Hebdon got him. He really really loves that thing.
- He loves shoes and hates clothes, which is fine with me. It that much less to wash.
- He has such enthusiasm for everything he does. Everything is exciting and awesome to him. I love it!
So besides having babies and family visits we've been busy doing lots of other things too. We take lots of naps (or try to),
made skittle bracelets (that's marker on Tawny's face, not bruises),
fingerpaint (Ethan prefers his skin as his canvas),
play in summer rain (Brayden and Tawny were so cute jumping in puddles together),
(Ethan hated everything about it- the thunder, lightning and why there was water falling from the sky)
(Brayden's boot got stuck)
and lots of time hanging out with Maddie during her playtime, which usually ends with all the kids mauling Maddie and her crying.
We also swim nearly every day. I very rarely get pictures because I'm out there all alone with the three oldest and don't dare take my camera. Last night we swam after dark. The kids think swimming in the dark with the pool lights on is so cool. This time they each got a few glow stick, which they really loved.
Brian and Kaylyn came down for Austin and Kaylyn's reception and Maddie's blessing. My kids loved playing with their cousins!
They played pirate...
had a movie night and sleepover (my mom is very brave!)
played in the sandbox...
hung out with Papa (Maddie and Kelsey had matching outfits for the 4th of July. It wasn't even planned. Great minds just think alike!)...
ate ribs (Super yummy)...
and went to the fireworks show here in Blythe.
you can barely see their profiles but for some reason I really like this shot.
Friday, July 20, 2012
Greg parents and three of his siblings were able to come for Maddie's blessing. Out kids had so much fun playing with their Uncles Anthony and Brandon, their Aunt BrittanyJo and Grandma and Grandpa Hebdon. They were able to stay for a few days which was really great. We swam, played in the yard, played games in the house and just generally enjoyed each other's company.
Monday, July 16, 2012
Austin and Kristen had their reception in here Blythe on June 27th. Everything turned out really nice. My mom did a great job with the decorations. They had an ice cream bar, which was a huge hit with all of my kids. I think Brayden had three huge bowls!