Saturday, May 22, 2010

Self Esteem Builders

Brayden and Tawny have had some pretty interesting comments about me recently. I thought I'd share a few:

Brayden: "Mom is your belly EVER going to be little again? 'Cause I kinda don't think so."

Tawny: "Mommy, you're so big and pretty." (she sugar coats her insults a little bit)

Brayden: "Mom, you just keep getting bigger and bigger and bigger. If you get too big you might pop or explode like a balloon."

Tawny: "Mommy, suck in your belly so we can cuddle. It's in my way."

Brayden: "Mom you're getting kinda lumpy and bumpy. Maybe we need to by more healthy food, like skinny milk (skim) and carrots. That might help."

Such sweethearts, right? It's not even like I've gained an insane amount of weight. I'm 27 weeks and have gained about 18 lbs, which is pretty close to what is recommended. I just take it all with a grain of salt. After all, Tawny did say that I am pretty...

2 comments:

Terri said...

Oh the joys of motherhood!

Ruth said...

I am laughing so hard right now. You're kids are hilarious and I'm sure you look great.