Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Ethan's Blessing

We blessed Ethan this weekend at church. What an incredible experience. Greg gave Ethan a wonderful blessing and the spirit was so strong. Ethan is a very special little boy! (But we already knew that) ;) Greg's brother Brandon and his wife Megan were able to make it down. My Grandma Sharlene also came. Thank you for making the trip to be here! We loved seeing you all again. We definitely missed those family members that weren't able to make it, but we fully understand their situations.

I wish I had some pictures to share but I feel like the entire world conspired against me that morning. Greg had meetings before church so I had to get all three kids ready for church by myself. No big deal. I do that every week. I had laid out all their outfits the night before, including Ethan's blessing outfit. Everything was going great until about 8:40 when I went to get Ethan dressed. His blessing outfit had magically disappeared (ie: Tawny was playing with it, carried it off and forgot where she put it.) I finally found it under the crib and we rushed off to the church. We made it just in time for Greg to grab Ethan and take him up to be blessed. I never found his shoes or hat, but at least he was wearing white. He was nearly blessed in a blue onesie. So no pictures were taken before. And his blessing outfit didn't even make it through sacrament before it had been spit up on and pooped on. So no pictures afterward either. You'll just have to take my word for it that he looked very handsome. Regardless of all the commotion, it was a wonderful day and are so excited to have Ethan in our family.

3 comments:

brittney said...

Hi, I wasn't sure how else to contact you, you left a comment on my blog about making a newborn size pettiskirt? My niece was about 9lbs when she was born and her waist was 12 inches. I took the 12 and added eight to it for the satin tier, then multiplied each following tier by 2. so, 40 then 80. for the 2inch I multiplied 80 by 2. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you.

Bethanne said...

Adena,

I haven't been around much, but I wanted to say "congratulations". You look fabulous (beautiful glow too!) and Ethan is so handsome. Can't believe so much has happened in the past three weeks. Wow. You are one of the few that can handle it though!

Melissa said...

I'm sorry it was a crazy day, but it sounds like it turned out okay! I always love hearing new baby blessings.