Sunday, June 12, 2011

Week in Review

Hopefully can finally get caught up on all that's been going on. On Monday I took Ethan to the Dr for his 9 mo. checkup. Everything looks great and I know it may come as a shock to you all, but he's huge! He weighed in at 25lbs 7oz and is 29" long. He's not quite crawling but definitely moving around and starting to creep along furniture so I'm guessing his weight is going to start level out. It better or I won't be able to carry him around any more! He loves playing peek-a-boo, is finally taking a bottle and is starting to be able to communicate through "words". Obviously not real words, but he is using baby versions consistently for different wants. When he is hungry he say "naum-naum". It's like a cross between num-num and ma-ma. He calls his papa "ba-ba" and me "mmmaaammm". Super melt-my-heart cute. His new favorite game is dropping a toy/food/bottle and waiting for someone to get it. He gives the best "kisses" (he basically just slobbers all over your face) and is definitely a momma's boy.

Brayden and Tawny also went to the dentist on Monday for a checkup and neither one of them had any cavities. Yea!! I was way more excited about this than they were. While on the subject, Brayden lost his two front teeth this week. They had started loosening up, but still had quite a ways to go. On Tuesday Brayden and Tawny crashed while playing ghost (running around with sheets over their heads. Yea, it's as unsafe as it sounds) and her head knocked them much looser. By the end of the day Brayden had pulled both of them himself, which was pretty surprising to me. Did you know the tooth fairy pays a bonus for a matching set? Greg's been calling him Toothless (from How to Train a Dragon) and Brayden thinks that is pretty funny.




Tawny has had a hard time adjusting to Brayden being home all the time. She had a very rough week. She like being the big kid around the house and doing what she wanted, and Brayden likes the same thing. So they have butted heads quite a few times this week. But I'm hoping they'll work it out because I am tired of playing referee! On a complete sidenote, Tawny calls Gatorade "Ater-gade" and I love it. It makes me want to keep them around just so she'll say it all the time. So cute!


We spent the rest of the week swimming and having fun around the house. On thursday morning we went out to my mom's and helped pick plums. When we were done we let the kids play in the front yard which was being flooded (on purpose. It's how she waters her front yard) I didn't have my camera but they all had so much fun. It was a walk down memory lane for me. That was a typical June day growing up. Sometimes it would be apples, peaches or apricots, but we spent a lot of time in that orchard, and most the time it was a lot of fun.


On Saturday morning we went to the park. Brayden and Tawny loved everything while Ethan stuck to the swings. I hope the rest of the summer is just as fun and low-key.

No comments: