Sunday, April 29, 2012

Baby Shower

I did a baby shower for my friend Erica a few weeks ago. We used mostly brown and white, with yellow accents. I made the invitations using my silhouette. I personalized them by adding the baby's name along the border on the left side. They were all different as far as the paper, but I felt like they all coordinated well.. I didn't have enough paper on hand to do them all the same.

It was supposed to be outside, but we had to move it inside at the last minute because of the wind. It was a tiny bit more crowded than I would have like, but it still worked well and looked nice.

 We did a brunch and leaned more heavily toward breakfast foods. The menu was mini muffins in 5 different flavors, strawberry yogurt parfaits, banana bread with nutella and strawberries, quiche, strawberries in chocolate bowls and donut holes. The food all turned out really yummy.


I made this walling hanging for Erica's present. Since her nursery is the same color palate as the shower I used it in the decor. I painted the background and used vinyl to add the lettering over the top.


The rest of the decor was very simple. I used burlap for table runners, and fresh flowers. This arrangement was my favorite.
 One pic of Erica with her mother-in-law who crocheted that beautiful blanket.


No comments: