Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Parents of the Year

So many posts in one day. I just have lots to post on and didn't feel like combining them in one really random post. Anyways.....

So overall I think I'm pretty attentive as a parent. My kids don't play in the street, I make sure they're fed and they can't play with cleaners or medicine (I know, I'm no fun). I usually pay attention to what's going on with my kids. So I'm not sure how this happened. Yesterday I thought Tawny had something in her mouth. But when I went to dig it out, I realized it was one of her molars. On further inspection I found that ALL FOUR of her one year molars are in. Not just barely cut through, but all the way in. Here's the kicker. Greg and I had no idea she was even teething. If fact, at church on Sunday someone asked how many teeth she had and I said just the front eight. How could she get all four of her molars in and I never even noticed? What is wrong with me? Granted, she's a pretty good teether, very little fussing or drooling. But still.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I really don't think that's very uncommon... I didn't notice most of my kids first year molars. They're too hard to see and I don't look in my kids mouths on a really regular basis :)

Bethanne said...

That is the best news ever. Don't complain at all!!! My kids are wienies when it comes to their teeth (diaper problems, fever, runny nose, etc.). Yikes. I'm jealous...

Julia said...

What??? All 4 of Tyler's molars are coming in at the same time this week. He slept for 13 hours one night, wouldn't nap at all the next two days, had fevers off and on of up to 103, has a constant ring of drool around his neck, will barely eat and has been incredibly crabby. Thank your lucky stars. I'm just glad he's getting this all over at once!