Friday, March 6, 2009

Bits and Pieces...

I have so much to blog about and not much time. So most of this will be totally unrelated.

We went camping with our ward last weekend. We all had so much fun. Brayden did nothing but run around the entire time. I swear he slept for about two days after we got back. Not complaints from me about that. After Tawny took a tumble down a pretty steep sand dune, she decided that unless it involved food, she wasn't so interested. Luckily there was a lot of food.


Brayden and Tawny have been playing so well together recently. They'll go hours without even acknowledging me. Funny, but I've noticed a direct link to my productivity. What a surprise! In fact yesterday I took a shower without a single interruption. It's like I've died and gone to heaven.

Tawny loves everything about her daddy and you can tell she wants to be just like him. I found her in the bathroom with his shoes on. She was trying to walk, but I think those boots weigh about as much as she does.

It has been so great to be close to my family. We've been able to go to a lot of Clint's soccer games and the kids love it. We have dinner with them all the time, or just drop by to say hi. Not to mention that I now have a ton of built-in babysitters. Score! (on a side note, do you see the coats the kids are wearing? It does actually get cold sometimes. it really was freezing!)

I also had a run in with the IRS last week.(never a good thing). So here's the story. We've been looking for a home to buy here in Blythe. We have some friends that are moving this summer and we loved their home. So I spoke with her and made an offer on their home. Literally hours after that we got a notice from the IRS. Apparently there was a mistake on our 2007 taxes. A big mistake. Huge. I don't know how I missed it, but I did. So we paid it. I was able to get the penalty and interest removed by calling and sobbing out a very very sad story, but we still had to pay the difference in taxes owed. Long story short, we don't have quite enough to put down on the home we want. Fantastic. So it's back to renting and saving until we can save enough up again.
Well that's about all for now. Way to end on a positive note huh? We're not too worried. It will all work out, just not how or when we thought.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I LOVE it when my kids play together for awhile! It does make my day so much more productive. Kind of hard now that Emma is the only one home :S

I'm sorry about the IRS and the house. I'm sure it will all work out.

How did your table turn out?