Sunday, January 27, 2013

December Part 1

December was a very busy month, so it may a few posts to get it all here. We started out December with our community Christmas parade. The older three loved ever moment of it. Ethan especially loved the candy. Before I even realized what had happened, he had the wrappers off two suckers and was eating them at the same time. How can you say no to that face?


 
Maddie wasn't too sure about all the noises and lights, especially the fire trucks, but she never cried. Also, notice the short sleeves. The weather was so nice!
The next weekend the library did a Polar Express day. They had the library set up and decorated like scenes from the movie, people dressed up as bakers, elves, and of course Santa. As they read the story they recreated parts like giving the kids hot chocolate and a cookie and of course getting a silver bell from Santa at the end. The kids all really enjoyed it. Even Ethan sat through the whole thing, which really surprised me.

 (as a side note: see his face in the pic above? A few days before while we were in Joann's he decided to climb a huge wire rack display and he pulled it over on himself. I was right there and deflected most of it, but the very corner of one section caught he forehead and under his nose. It looked pretty bad for a few days. And you should have seen the mess at Joann's!)

What didn't surprise me was his reaction to Santa. That was exactly what I was expecting.

 We also did a lot of other fun things during the first part of December. Tawny gave both of us pedicures
 This year instead of an advent calendar, we had a advent Christmas books. There were 24 Christmas books that were wrapped and stacked in our living room. every day one of the kids unwrapped it and we read it as a family. This is definitely something that will become a family tradition. One night we had hot chocolate, apple cider and beignets upstairs by the fire while we read our Christmas book.
 We walked to school most mornings and enjoy our time outside as a family.  Maddie really loves being outside in the stroller.
 We spent and evening at Mande and Ian's eating and playing Lego Rock Band. It was so fun I've be scouring the internet for some used instruments. It's definitely a game I'd like to have.
 Maddie discovered solid foods and love pretty much everything we given her so far. She especially love oranges, as we found out a Mimi's one morning. We had to make an middle of the night ER visit from Brayden's asthma and went out to breakfast after we got everything under control. I hadn't had time to grab Maddie's food, so she got oranges and oatmeal. I don't think she minded too much.
 This is Brayden on the way home from the previously mentioned ER visit. He was very proud of his pink headphones. Ha-ha. He actually didn't realize they were pink until after I took the picture and told him. He had been up most of the night and was on a few steroids, but was still smiling and having fun. That's the first asthma scare we've had in a while and I hope it's the last. Unfortunately I don't think it will be. I'm so grateful for my mom who made the midnight trek with me. Otherwise I'm not sure how I could have done it. Having family around to help is such a blessing.


No comments: