Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I'm Alive...But Just Barely

The last few weeks have been so hectic! Where to begin... Greg was gone for a week, and then I was gone the next week, which was really stressful because Tawny is most definitely not a fan of the bottle. If I'm going to leave my family for a week it should be for somewhere really amazing like Bali or Fiji. Where do I go? To Utah to work 15-18 hour days in the freezing cold bitter winter. Did I mention it was crazy cold? I was so anxious to get back I worked late into the nights and came back a day early. My boss was even nice enough to pay the fee to switch the ticket. If you're reading this Dan, THANK YOU! I can't tell you how great it was to see my family again. Also, a big thanks to my mom and Grandma Wanda for watching the kids while I was gone and to Greg for supporting me in everything I do. Where would I be without my family?


I thought this week would be my catch-up week, but no matter how fast I run I am falling farther and farther behind. I had way more work then I thought, Brayden is making me pay for being gone by doing everything I DON'T want him to do, Tawny is sick and I had an Activity Days to coordinate today (a youth group at my church). Why does everything take so long when you have kids? For example, today I needed to make cookies. No big deal right? You would think it should take 30-45 minutes start to finish, right? HAH! Here's how it went

11:15 Start mixing butter and suagr
11:21 Tawny wakes up and wants to eat
11:35 Add vanilla
11:36 Brayden attempts to break his neck on his bed (see post below)
11:45 Add eggs. start mixing
11:48 Brayden's hungry. He wants dinosaur 'chichen', no macaroni and cheese, no dinosauar 'chichen' ... I finally gave him both.
12:05 Mix dry ingredients
12:07 Tawny decides mommy will hold her or else!

You get the idea. I didn't finish the cookies until 1:45pm. Two and a half hours!!! I wish I could say I was exaggerating, but I'm not. But I must say they are some of the best cookies I have ever had so maybe they were worth it. But everything always works out just fine. The cookies got done, the girls loved the Activity Days, and my children aren't dead. All in all, I'd say it's been a pretty successful week.

And just to clarify, I love my kids, my husband, my life. I have been incredibly blessed. We are healthy, my husband and I have great jobs, we love our ward and have so many friends here, and we have family that would be here at the drop of a hat if we needed them to. I just don't always have the clarity of mind to realize it.

So anyways, here are some pics of Brayden that he wants to show to grandma and papa. He thought his blue tongue was so cool. He was pretty proud of it.


1 comment:

Melissa said...

Braden looks like a Smurf ;)
Once we are all healthy again, we'll have to get together for dinner. Baby Girl asks to play with Braden almost every day...