So, to keep myself from missing Greg and to break up the driving, I decided to come up to Vegas a week early and spend time with my family here. Awesome idea. But I still had to get there somehow. Hmm.... time travel? If only. Here's how the trip went:
- Five minutes into the drive Brayden asks "Is this Grandma's house? Are we almost there? Where is Vegas? I have to pee!!!!!!" This was repeated on a loop until we got there.
- Tawny cried the first forty minutes. She wants out. She wants to crawl and play and break things. I'd stop, but we're in the middle of nowhere. I haven't seen any sign of life for over twenty miles. I'm afraid if I stop you all will see my face on the side of a milk carton with the title "Have you seen me" over it.
- I have no cell reception for 3/4 of the drive. What if I get a flat? How will AAA find me?
- Someone thought it would be funny to teach Brayden "JohnJacobJingleHeimerSchmitt". It wasn't funny. Not even a little bit. If whoever taught him that song is reading this, consider this your warning. I will find you and you will pay.
- The kids are hungry. I hand Brayden snacks for him and Tawny. He's supposed to hand Tawny hers. Instead he pours the entire thing on her head. "Why?" I ask. Brayden's replies," Hmm... cause I wanted to. And cause now you have to stop and get out and clean them up. Can I get out and play? Just five minutes?" I stopped to clean them up. He didn't play.
- My boss forgot I was leaving that day, and true to form he had a million important things that had to be done in 5 minutes. Over the five hour period I had 12 voicemails from him (not exaggerating even a little).
Somehow I am alive to tell the story. Do you think I can FedEx my kids back to my house? Or maybe I can have a soundproof barrier installed in my between me and them. I'll check into that tomorrow....
On a serious note, I am really missing Greg. I'm not quite sure how I'm going to handle all this. And Brayden is seriously acting out. I know he misses his daddy and I'm trying to be extra patient, but he's having a hard time. Which means I'm having an even harder time. We'll all figure it out. I'm sure we'll do some fun stuff with family here in Vegas. I'll keep you all posted!