Sunday, August 21, 2011

Ethan's Birthday

Ethan's birthday was on Monday, the same day Tawny had her birthday party. I'm not kidding when I say that August was busy. Two weddings on opposite side of the country, 2 kids with birthdays and 1 wedding reception that I did top to bottom: rentals, decor, catered it myself, clean up. I am so ready for school to start tomorrow and to get back to normal boring everyday life. Back to Ethan's birthday.

Her wasn't so sure about the presents, probably because I usually take paper away when he rips it and this time we were encouraging it. Life must be so confusing for a little kid!



He loved all his presents once they were out of the boxes. He would have loved them a little more if he didn't have so much "help" playing with them. Tawny and Brayden were a little intense, but they meant well.

He loved when we all sang to him.
I let him have a smash cake, just like I've done with the other kids. He wasn't so sure at first, but once he got going there was no stopping him.

Going...Going...Gone.



I'm not sure he ate very much, but he was great at sharing. My dad couldn't eat it (he can't have wheat) but Ethan shared just the same.




The aftermath.



I can't believe my little baby is already 1! Happy Birthday monkey. Of all my kids you are attached to me the most (at this age) and I love it. Your cuddles can't be beat, especially since you are so smushy. You are smiley and happy and I can't wait to get to see your little personality develop. Actually I can wait. I'm in no hurry for my baby to disappear.


No comments: