Thursday, February 2, 2012

Parent/Kid Date Night

We are trying to spend more time one on one with our kids this year so we've implemented a monthly parent/child date night. This month I had Tawny and Greg had Brayden and Ethan. Next month we'll switch. We figured for now Ethan is too young for his own night. We all had so much fun. Tawny and I started our date by going to Teddy' Donuts, her favorite place in the whole world, right behind Disneyland. She, of course, picked a frosted cake donut with sprinkles (her favorite).
After that we came back to the house and painted our toenails and fingernails. I let her pick all the colors. I'm glad I didn't end up with the blue nails! I could tell she had a really great time so I was happy.
Greg and Brayden decided to make dinner together for everyone. They made sloppy Joe's. On top of that they even made me chocolate covered strawberries and blackberries. I wasn't there but it sure looks like Brayden had a good time.
After dinner we made popcorn balls together. What a perfect way to end a great night.

1 comment:

Erica said...

I love this idea! I'm going to use it as soon as Savannah gets old enough